Real Estate & Conservatorships
Selling real estate that involves a conservatorship can be demanding and complex which requires a real estate professional with knowledge in dealing with conservatorships. This requires patience, skill, experience, and most of all trust. Our slogan at Prime Equity Properties Group is “A Tradition of Trust”, because you can trust us with your most valuable asset.
Conservatorship in California
A conservatorship is established through a court proceeding in California. If granted by the Probate Court, the court authorizes a person or entity to be responsible and care for the health, finances, and assets of an affected person who has been deemed not able to take care of these necessities.
Reasons for a Conservatorship
- Affected person is unable to manage health, finance, and assets
- Affected person doesn’t have anyone legally responsible for their care
- Affected person has no other means of financial assistance/help
How a Conservator is Appointed
- Individual or entity files a petition in probate court
- Sworn testimony and medical affidavits are submitted to court
- Petitioners are usually family, friends, or rest home administrators
- Court appoints “Guardian Ad Litern” to report findings to the court
- If affected person disagrees with having a conservator, trial is set
- If court approves conservatorship, then conservator is appointed
- Court then gives conservator Letters of Authority authorizing Conservator to act on behalf of the Conservatee
A Tradition of Trust
Selling real estate that involves a conservatorship can be demanding and grueling which requires a real estate professional with knowledge in conservatorships. This requires patience, skill, experience, and most of all trust. Our slogan at Prime Probate is “A Tradition of Trust” because you can trust us with your most valuable asset.
Still Have Questions?
If you have been appointed as a conservator by the court who needs to sell real property on behalf of the conservatee, Prime Probate can help you navigate through this arduous process. We specialize in real estate services involving probate, trust, and conservatorship. Our team is standing by for your phone call or email to assist you and answer any questions, so feel free to call anytime.